The voting has ended.
Send an email to Carmen.Ortiz@durhamnc.gov if you have any issues voting
What is Participatory Budgeting (PB)?
- The community decides how to spend part of the City's budget.
- Residents submit ideas and work with City staff to create proposals.
- Residents decide which proposals receive funding by direct vote.
Examples of Past Projects
How does it work?
- City Council approved $2.4 million for Participatory Budgeting (PB).
- You'll see all 10 proposals on the next page. Voters select and rank their top choices, and the proposals with the most votes win.
- Each person can only vote once.
Focusing on Equity
- Equity means recognizing that we do not all start from the same place.
- The goal of PB is to invest public money where it's needed most.
- Proposals were evaluated for equity based on project location, the demographics of impacted residents, and access to resources.